Civil Liability Insurance
Contreras & Cia - Abogados
Malaga 50 Of. 32
CV attached here
Tel: +56 2 207 9303
Dr Adolfo Paolini:
Senior Lecturer in Commercial Law
University of Buckingham
T: +44 (0) 1280 828200 (direct line)
DAC Beachcroft LLP
Insurance Law Consultant (Venezuelan Lawyer)
3 Minster Court
T. +44(0)20 7894 6909
PRESENTATIONS AND PAPERS PRODUCED BY CIVIL LIABILITY WORKING PARTY
1) Attached are the minutes from the meeting of the Civil Liability Working Party at the AIDA Europe Conference in Zurich on Thursday 22 October 2009.
2) The Civil Liability Working Party met on Tuesday 18 May 2010 at the World Congress in Paris. Attached is the Agenda for the meeting and a discussion paper by Osvaldo Contreras Strauch - The Chilean Earthquake (Spanish) and (English). Attached are the minutes of the meeting.
3) The Civil Liability Working Party met at the joint Portuguese/Spanish AIDA Chapters' conference in Lisbon on Thursday 11 November 2010. Attached are papers for the meeting in English and Spanish.
4) The Civil Liability Working Party met at the XII Congreso Iberolatinoamericano de Derecho de Seguros CILA, 27-29 April 2011 in Asuncion, Paraguay where they considered the following topics which are of special regional interest.
a) Mandatory motor liability or accident insurances. Coverage or not coverage of property damage;
b) Peculiarities of voluntary liability policies in connection with mandatory motor policies across the region.
c) Direct action or related forms of involving to liability insurance companies in an action brought by the third party.
5) The Civil Liability Working Party met at the AIDA Europe Conference in Amsterdam on Thursday 26 May 2011. The programme for the meeting is as set out below:
'Should judges take into account, or, on the contrary, disregard the availability of insurance when deciding a civil liability claim?' Presented by Natalie Vloemans, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 'Should there be mandatory liability insurance covering marine pollution?' Presented by Kyriaki Noussia, Athens, Greece. To see a copy of the presentation, click here
- Compulsory employers' liability insurance and civil liability for mesolithioma in the English courts. Presented by Rob Merkin and Sheila Dziobon, UK.
The minutes of the meeting are attached here.
6) The Civil Liability Working Party met on 13 September at the AIDA Europe Conference in London 13/14 September 2012 at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel. Attached is the Agenda for the meeting.
The following are papers from the meeting:
- Introduction - Osvaldo Contreras Strauch
- Presentation - Francis Kean
- Presentation - Dr Adolfo Paolini
7) Attached is a paper on the Analysis of Civil Liability and its Insurance, from the Legal Viewpoint of the "Common Law" and "Civil or Continental Law" Systems, by Professor Osvaldo Contreras Strauch in both English and Spanish.
8) The Civil Liability Working Party met in Lisbon on 8 May 2013 (during the CILA Conference to be held at Gulbenkian Foundation). The issues covered are set out below
1. "D & O Insurance in times of economic trouble. V 3.0"
Prof. Pedro Pais de Vasconcelos, Portugal; and
||Prof. Adolfo Paolini, UK, whose powerpoint presentation is attached|
2. "Civil Liability Insurance in Brasil: New Regulations"
||Sergio Barroso de Mello, Brasil, President of CILA|
9) Last meeting of the Civil Liability Working Party
The last meeting of the Civil Liability Working Party took place in Sydney on Wednesday 18 September 2013 at the time of the AILA National Conference. Two presentations from the meeting are attached below:
- New Chilean Regulation of Liability Insurance by Professor Osvaldo Contreras Strauch
- Settlement with third parties (where the claim is indemnified) under the general law and the Australian Insurance Contracts Act by David McKenna
10) Attached is a paper prepared by Professor Osvaldo Contreras Strauch on Digest of International Laws on Liability Insurance.
11) Presentations and papers presented in the last CLWP Group meeting in Athens, May 8th, 2014:
1) Paper prepared by Prof. Dr. Lekkas (Greece)
2) Presentation prepared by Prof. Dr. Paolini (UK)
3) Presentation prepared by Dr. Yesilova (Turkey)